Fall marks peak "Protege Season" as competitions begin this October
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Along with the arrival of fall are the exciting upcoming CUaware Protégé Chapter-Level Competitions. Participating credit union chapters in North and South Carolina are getting ready to welcome contestants, who are competing for the chance to be named Chapter Protégé for their respective chapters.
Each chapter finalist determined will move on to compete at the Carolinas Credit Union League’s LAUNCH Conference January 30-31, 2020 in Charlotte, NC. Among other accolades, the finals winner and two runners-up will be awarded professional development scholarships sponsored by the League.
On each event page, linked below, interested credit union professionals (age 18-35) can find event details including application/essay deadlines. Latest details for chapter competitions are available via the League's online calendar.
Upcoming Competitions as of October 2, 2019:
- Columbia Chapter – Oct. 22, 2019 at 6PM – Columbia, SC
- Lowcountry Chapter – Nov. 5, 2019 – N. Charleston, SC
- North Piedmont Chapter – Nov. 12, 2019 – Location TBD
- Northwest Chapter – Dec. 10, 2019 – Location TBD (Apply by 12/2)
- Piedmont Chapter – Dec. 5, 2019 at 6PM – Matthews, NC (Apply by 11/15)
- Tarheel Chapter – Nov. 6, 2019 – Raleigh, NC (Apply by 10/30)
- Upstate Chapter – Nov. 5, 2019 at 6PM – Greenville, SC (Apply by 10/15)
- Western Chapter – Oct. 15, 2019 at 5PM – Mills River, NC
Participating Credit Union Chapters *:
* The list of participating chapters is also available on the Protege FAQ page (see #5 for the latest update).
2019-2020 Protégé chapter events unfold as competition steepens (8/14/19)
Protégé competition season returns with eight participating chapters (7/12/19)
Meaghan King named 2019 CUaware Protégé; Amy Coggins and Cierra Faubert runners-up (2/6/19)
Five NC/SC professionals named in 2019 CUaware Protégé Competition (1/9/19)
Invest in the Next Gen: the value of hosting an internal CUaware Protégé Competition (7/6/17)