The time to “Invest in Our Future” is now at the AACUC’s 21st Annual Conference August 6-10
Thursday, July 11, 2019
SNELLVILLE, GA – The 21st Annual Conference is just a few weeks away! But there’s still time to register. Join the African-American Credit Union Coalition (AACUC) August 6-10, 2019 at the Hilton Charlotte-Center City in Charlotte, NC.
The theme for the conference, Investing in Our Future – The 8th Cooperative Principle, is a call to action within the credit union movement for continued diversity, equity and inclusion—the founding elements for the proposed eighth cooperative principle.
This year’s keynote and general session speakers include:
- Simon T. Bailey, CEO, Simon T. Bailey International;
- Hannibal Brumskine, Chief Financial & Operations Officer, National Credit Union Foundation;
- Ancin Cooley, Founder and Principal, Synergy Credit Union Consulting;
- Todd Hassler, Executive Vice President, Member Wealth Management;
- Rodney Hood, Chairman, National Credit Union Administration;
- Dr. Tammie Moore, Founder and CEO of Western Wake Counseling & Psychological Services, PLLC;
- Emma Norman, Director Learning and Development, Local Government FCU;
- Jim Nussle, President and CEO, Credit Union National Association;
- Kevin Paasch, President of Member Wealth Management;
- Dan Schline, President and CEO, Carolinas Credit Union League;
- Maurice Smith, CEO, LGFCU and Civic FCU (Young Professionals Summit Keynote);
- Ann Stevenson, Best Selling Author; and
- David Sussman, CEO, PFP Services.
The conference will also recognize trailblazers in the credit union industry during the Hall of Fame Program and Reception on August 7 and the Pete Crear Lifetime Achievement Award Gala on August 9. Hall of Fame honorees include Sandra DeVoe Bland of SRP FCU; Janet McDonald of CUNA Mutual Group; Joan Nelson of Coastal CU; and Ed Presnell of Peach State FCU. This year’s Pete Crear Lifetime Achievement Award recipient is Maurice Smith, CEO of Local Government FCU and Civic FCU.
Pre-conference activities include a historical tour and golf outing on Aug. 6, and financial reality fair and regional chapter meetings on Aug. 7.
For the full agenda and to register for the conference, visit aacuc.org.