Staff promotions, role changes position League to better serve members in the New Year
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
|CCUL team joins in the fun with guest speaker Allison Sikes of Strategy Performance Business Solutions during their December all-staff meeting in Raleigh, NC.
Columbia, SC and Raleigh, NC – Change is happening at the Carolinas Credit Union League as it announces several new staff promotions and role changes.
“Throughout the year we have been re-assessing our needs and working towards the best possible structure for the League to continue delivering great value to member credit unions,” said CCUL President and CEO Dan Schline. “We have a great team of talented people at this organization and it’s from this perspective that we made these changes. I couldn’t be more pleased to see each of these folks taking on greater leadership roles.”
- Jeanne Couchois promoted to SVP Risk Management Resources & General Counsel. Among other responsibilities within this role, Jeanne is responsible for creating the vision for the League’s rebranded Risk Management Resources Department (RMRD). Read on about the department’s changes here.
- Lauren DeAngelis promoted to SVP of Professional Development. In her role, Lauren is responsible for growing the League’s reach and capacity as an organization that delivers high-quality, leading edge professional development to member credit unions. She has consistently demonstrated her ability to think strategically about the needs of credit unions in developing and delivering programs like the Leadership Development Institute, LAUNCH and the 2019 Directors Cruise.
- Jessica Hendrix promoted to VP Administration and Operations. In her role, Jessica continues to manage and drive administrative support across the association and assumes leadership of internal office operations in the League's Columbia and Raleigh offices.
- Brad Ballentine promoted to Senior Credit Union Accounting Specialist. Brad has been an integral part of the League’s CU Accounting Services Department since 2010. In this new role, he continues to handle additional responsibilities within the department to ensure CU Accounting Services provides quality back-office accounting support to member credit unions.
- Billy Boylston and Evelyn Hawthorne to continue serving as VP of Governmental Affairs in SC and NC respectively. However, following Dan Schline’s appointment as League president and CEO, both Billy and Evelyn have greater leadership roles in developing and driving legislative strategy.
- Brittani Champlin promoted to Meetings and Conferences Coordinator. The growth in the League’s Professional Development Department over the past several years has necessitated a shift in resources. Brittani, who previously served as an administrative assistant, now works on the professional development team to provide the support it needs to continue delivering high-quality events for credit unions.
ROLE CHANGES, NEW STAFF AND PAST PROMOTIONS
- Audit Team promotions. Earlier in the year, the CCUL Audit Department reviewed and reorganized roles to more accurately reflect the skills and years of experience each auditor brings to the team. This included implementation of auditor levels (e.g. Auditor I, Auditor II, and Senior Auditor). Auditors promoted to new roles include: LeVar Anderson, Senior Auditor; Rose Sims, Senior Auditor; Rico Palmer, Senior Auditor; Matthew Cotton, Auditor II; and Omar Ata, Auditor II.
- Susan Allred hired as Director of Business Solutions. Allred joined the League in October. In this role, she works with our credit union members to identify their needs and potential solutions for those from League resources, while also managing business partner relationships and serving as liaison between them and member credit unions.
- Trichina Pierce and Allison McClellan realign roles for fraud and risk management focus. To better align with the department’s increased focus on fraud and risk management, Pierce’s and McClellan’s respective titles have been changed to Risk Management Manager/Associate Counsel and Compliance Risk Coordinator I.
- Brooke Rouse promoted to full-time Administrative Assistant in June. Previously serving in a part-time capacity, the League is thrilled to have Rouse on the team full time. As other departments continue to grow, her expertise in delivering administrative support is greatly valued.
- Jeff Hardin transitions to part-time Director of Cooperative Initiatives. Shifting to a four-day work week, Hardin will continue to drive important cooperative initiatives like Principles & Philosophy training, the CUaware Protégé Mentor Program, Carolinas DE initiatives, and more.
For an updated list of staff information, please visit our League Staff Directory here.