Nominations now open for 2019 Wegner Awards
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Madison, Wis. – Credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation). Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards and fundraising gala on March 11, 2019 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
“Year after year the Foundation honors individuals and programs who have dedicated their life to the credit union movement,’” said Gigi Hyland, Executive Director at the Foundation. “We encourage you to nominate those deserving of the highest national honors in the movement so they can be honored for the impact they have had on people’s financial lives.”
Nominations need to be made by Friday, August 10, 2018 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
1. Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the Foundation website (ncuf.coop).
2. Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
3. Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by August 10, 2018.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Jennifer Speth at email@example.com or 608.231.4979.