Leadership Development Institute welcomes 19 students for 2018
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Last year, the Carolinas Credit Union League opened applications for the 2018 Leadership Development Institute (LDI), an annual program designed to provide current and rising credit union leaders with the critical thinking skills and leadership strategies essential to growth and success. Several credit union professionals applied for the program, and 19 students were accepted.
This class will come together for the first quarterly two-day workshop March 7-8 at the Friday Center at UNC-Chapel Hill. Presented in partnership with the Center for Leadership Studies (CLS), LDI’s custom curriculum is delivered by top instructors, and includes mini-assignments that bridge from one quarterly workshop to the next.
A virtual orientation for accepted students will be held on Friday, February 9, and gives instructors an opportunity to introduce themselves to the class along with providing a brief overview of what each course would cover.
This quarter is facilitated by JD McPherson, master trainer and senior consultant for CLS. Students will start day one with the foundational program, Situational Leadership®: Building Leaders. This is the springboard for all other courses in the LDI curriculum. Day two is an in-depth course on the fundamentals of coaching through the lens of Situational Leadership®. Students will be immersed in case studies in which coaching principles and skills are explored, learned, and applied in realistic, challenging situations.
A welcome reception, sponsored by Vizo Corporate Credit Union, will be held for students, instructors, executive coaches, and League staff on Wednesday evening at the Marriott - Courtyard Chapel Hill.
The 2018 LDI class includes:
- Jim Adams, Family Trust FCU, Rock Hill, SC
- Leigh-Ann Bailey, Founders FCU, Lancaster, SC
- Melissa Clark, Charlotte Metro FCU, Charlotte, NC
- Maddie Collison, Nova CU, Charlotte, NC
- Maria Crowley, Carolina Foothills FCU, Greenville, SC
- Kimberly Delpino, Founders FCU, Charlotte, NC
- Misty Fisher, Lion's Share Federal CU, Salisbury, NC
- Jennifer Gallagher, Coastal CU, Raleigh, NC
- Stephanie Garrett, Family Trust FCU, Rock Hill, SC
- Zak Gasparich, SC Telco FCU, Taylors, SC
- Kelly Jones, SC Telco FCU, Greenville, SC
- Thomas Lentz, Greenville FCU, Greenville, SC
- Precious McCloud, Truliant FCU, Kernersville, NC
- Joe McIsaac, Founders FCU, Catawba, SC
- James Moore, Piedmont Advantage CU, Winston-Salem, NC
- Chrissy Overman, Nova CU, Concord, NC
- Brandon Pugh, Carolinas Credit Union League, Irmo, SC
- Joe Stevens, Founders FCU, Boiling Springs, SC
- Morgan Sykes, Local Government FCU, Raleigh, NC
“It's hard to believe we're already in our third year of this program," said John Radebaugh, League President and CEO. "I look forward to greeting all of our students in person next week, for what will be the start of a truly beneficial leadership development experience that in the long run, will strengthen the longevity and success of our member credit unions for years to come.”