NCUA Webinar: Financial Literacy - Putting Your Mission into Action
Thursday, April 3, 2014
2:00 p.m. ET
Ken Worthey, CFPB Financial Literacy and Outreach Analyst
Learn more about promoting financial literacy by participating in this free webinar hosted by the National Credit Union Administration on Thursday, April 3, 2014, at 2 p.m. Eastern.
Hosted by Kenneth Worthey, Financial Literacy and Outreach Analyst in NCUA’s Office of Consumer Protection, the webinar will feature four speakers:
- Gail Laster, Director, NCUA’s Office of Consumer Protection;
- Louisa Quittman, Director, Office of Financial Education, U.S. Department of Treasury;
- Gigi Hyland, Executive Director, National Credit Union Foundation; and
- Katie Bryan, Communications Director, Consumer Federation of America.
Promoting financial literacy is a core credit union mission, and the NCUA webinar, part of the agency’s National Financial Literacy Month activities, will provide participants with valuable information on several topics, including:
- The link between financial literacy and the credit union mission;
- NCUA financial literacy resources;
- Tips on building a successful financial literacy program based on credit union size and specialized member demographics;
- Information about improving financial literacy efforts through the creation of key local and national financial literacy partnerships; and
- The Treasury Department’s recent financial literacy pilot research program.
Registration for this free webinar is now open. Click here to register. Participants will also use this link to log into the webinar. Registrants should allow pop-ups from this website. Participants may submit questions in advance at WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The subject line of the email should read, “Financial Literacy Webinar.” Participants with technical questions about accessing the webinar may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
« Go to Upcoming Event List